Saturday, July 26, 2008

Toy for Motor Skills, Colors, Counting and talking

One of the best toys on the market that really helped my child is this Cutting fruit by Melissa and Doug. can use this over and over again and I guarantee that this toy will grow with your child in different ways in order to promote Math and Speech.
First, you can use this for motor skills and your child can practice cutting the fruit which really helps with my sons fidgety hands.
Second, you can count the pieces, to promote speech and teach counting concepts
Third, you can name the fruit and see if your child will repeat you to promote speech and enhance requests of their favorite foods
Fourth, when they get older, you can even teach fractions by using the cutting and teaching halfs' and quarters' .

I'm sure there are other uses as well, but these are the ones I used personally to promote speech and math and it's worked great. They are wooden and durable and clean up in a snap. They are very safe and I am confident in this product because I've had it forever and still looks new. If it really keeps, you might even be able to resell it on Ebay. It's awesome.

0 comments: