Friday, July 25, 2008

Best ASD DVD - promotes speech

I had a hard time trying to find the right developmental toys for William. Through this blog, I will show some great picks that have helped my son to talk and develop thus far. i hope this helps other parents as we navigate through the endless toy stores and saving a few bucks ain't bad either.
The first toy that ever got my son talking (He was 15 months old and didn't point, talk or anything. Not a sound would come out of him; it's like he was a ghost just following you around the room) was a DVD called Baby Babbles.
After he watched it a couple of times, he started to repeat and wanted to do some of the things shown in the video. They also have a great Parent Tutorial that teaches you and your child sign language. This got me started in signing to him and from this tape, he had a reference point.

I still put this tape on sometimes just to see how he reacts to it. My husband even found one of the toys they had on the tape and bought it for my son for Christmas.

0 comments: